Right now I am:
- Not training for my 10k thanks to injuries. First extensor tendinitis in my left foot and now runners knee in my right knee (Mind you both ailments have been self-diagnosed using the Internets.) Extensor tendinitis is treated with rest – my favorite kind of treatment. Runners knee requires strengthening the leg muscles that aren’t naturally strengthened with running. You mean I have to put in more work than just running?? I’m not convinced that this is what I signed up for … Nevertheless, the race is 5 weeks from today and I *will* be ready.
- Already planning in my head for April. This is not a good sign as it usually happens to me mid-month when I am so booked up that I start thinking 2 weeks ahead. We are expecting visitors at work every week of March, have a big event on the 21st that is going to be a logistical nightmare and it’s the last month for some of the team members that I supervise. Big, emotional month ahead.
- Taking it as a compliment that one of our visitors at work this week made an aside comment that I seem to have a good work-life balance. I think I do, too, and that I should be proud of it.
- Behind by four books on my reading goals. I just haven’t been able to get into a flow of audiobook listening and reading on my Kindle like I did last year. Normally I am behind because I’ve been watching too many random TV shows on my computer. Right now I’m behind because the social scene in Maseru has been going at a frantic pace. I’m not complaining and I think for right now spending time with friends is more important than holing myself up at home reading.
- Loving the February 13th episode of This American Life called “What I Did for Love.” Especially the prologue and first act. So many things I could relate too.
- Obsessed with the song “We Are Young” by the group Fun. It has been running through my head constantly. See video at the top.